Lilypie First Birthday tickers

What a Difference 45 Minutes Makes!

Friday, January 22, 2010

After I finished complaining writing my last post, I called my gal pal, Jenn, who also works at Baker College and just had a lovely baby herself.  I asked her if it was normal to not have an ultrasound until 20 weeks, and she calmed my nerves.  But she ALSO gave me the contact information for the Director of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program at Baker.  


I sent her an e-mail saying I would love to be a patient for her students if she needed me, and ... she called me 15 minutes later!!  AND she asked if I could come in THIS COMING MONDAY FOR AN ULTRASOUND!!!!!!!!!


She said they usually don't like to do ultrasounds on women who have not had one done by their primary doctor, but as long as I realized the position they would be in if they saw something and needed to recommend I see my doctor immediately, then I could come in.  Of course, I said HECK YES, and if she DID see something, it would not have been found this early if not for her anyway, so I would be very grateful.  


I just could not be more excited!  And she will send me home with PICTURES, so next week I will have some fun stuff to post! :)

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Very cool. I let the ultrasound intern at work practice on me once. Of course not on my tummy cuz there's no baby in there!

Amy said...

That's great news! I'm glad your friend was able to help you out!