Lilypie First Birthday tickers

The Crying Game

Saturday, January 2, 2010

It seems cruel.  I mean, come on, body!!  I am emotional enough already!!  Why, oh why, did you feel the need to pump enough hormones through me to make me cry at the drop of a hat ... and sometimes be unable to stop.


When the ball dropped on New Year's Eve?  Oh, forget about it!  I had been crying for the entire 15 minute countdown in Times Square, but when the (fancy new Waterford) ball dropped, it was crazy, wracking sobs.  Poor Jeremy.  I bet that man thinks I am not pregnant and actually suffering from a nervous breakdown.  Or am possessed by the devil.


We watched The Village on New Year's Eve.  The Village -- an M. Night Shamalyn thriller, and I cried for about 25 minutes of the 90 minute film.


I was looking at stuff on-line and NURSING PADS made me cry!  Maybe it was the obvious reason (OH MY GOD, I AM THINKING ABOUT BREAST FEEDING WHICH WILL HURT LIKE CRAZY!!), or some convoluted emotional response that involved many different things that I had better not list here because I will start sobbing again.


Uh oh ... speak of the devil.  Gotta go get some Kleenex. 

1 comments:

Tiffany Parkinson said...

When I first found out I was pregnant, I decided I would watch King Kong. You know...not too sad I thought. Boy was I wrong! In the end scenes where they were shooting down Kong, I was sobbing. Not just a tear rolling down my cheek, but full on crying hysterically! Geoff just stood there in shock...Oh and whenever those pedigree dog food commercials came on with the dogs from the pound in them. Forget about it! I lost it for those too! I hate to admit it but I still haven't regained all of my emotional control. Pregnancy does crazy things to ya! All worth it by far though! :)