Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Food Woes

Friday, January 15, 2010

I have been struggling more and more with food lately.  Yesterday, the only thing I could stomach was ... french fries.  





Yes, greasy, terrible, lacking in nutritional content french fries. However, they totally saved the day. I was having a B-A-D day yesterday.  I felt all sick and die-y, and it all came to a head when I was driving downtown to meet Jeremy for his lunch break, and I nearly got into a car accident ... on purpose.  A man ignored a yield sign and tried to pull out in front of me at the last second in a rotary, and I seriously considered jerking the wheel and teaching him a lesson ... road rage style.  Apparently the look on my face was enough, because he whipped it into reverse SO FAST.


I got to the restaurant before Jeremy and Loel, and the waitress actually asked if I was okay.  I guess I looked that green.  So I ate an entire basket of fries before they even showed up, and I felt GREAT for the rest of the day.


Anyway, I woke up today feeling really terrible, and couldn't think of anything to eat.  So I drank a few ounces of a protein drink and headed to Meijer.  DEAR GOD.  I almost sat down in the middle of the aisle at one point and gave up.  I considered calling Jeremy at work to come get me.  I cried twice.  Once because I went to buy ingredients for a lovely soup I was going to make my friend Heather today, and when I saw one of the ingredients, which is also one of my favorite foods, I had to run away so I wouldn't ruin ANOTHER purse by puking in it.  The other time because I saw a bib in the baby aisle that said "I may be small, but I'm the boss."  I actually sobbed at that point.


After TWO HOURS at the store and only getting four little bags of food, I got home and made myself a snack I was really hoping would make me less of a basket-case.


Take a look at this:





I feel like I am in a commercial.  And it was DELICIOUS.  And now I feel stellar.  


I was shocked, because the baby has refused every other type of cracker, but for some reason Toasteds are okay.  Hmmm.  


I really hope this continues to be a good snack and I can pack it for work this week, because I have SO few foods I can eat right now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats not soft cheese is it? That is a no no for pregnant women, it can have listeria in it. Don't stress about having a little bit of it, just be careful in the future.

The Tall Red Head said...

If you looked a bit closer anon, you would have noticed that the cheese is in a silver wrapper and is most likely a Philly or similar. These cheeses are fine! No need for the drama and fear mongering, I am pretty sure Veronica has researched what is safe and not safe to eat! Hope your nausea goes away soon Veronica :)

Kristina said...

Yum. Those fries look good. Hope you feel better soon.

Veronica M. D. said...

Yes, I researched the cheese before eating it, but YES, I still cried for three days after reading the comment that I shouldn't have eaten it. It is a pasteurized cheese, which I had read was totally fine. I asked the doc and she confirmed. :)