Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Odds and Ends

Friday, April 2, 2010

I have a few random unrelated tidbits to record.  I am really glad I started writing so much of this down.  It is already fun to look back and read the old entries, so I can't imagine how I will feel in a few years!


1.  It is official -- all the weight I lost in the beginning of my pregnancy came from my butt.  And it never came back.  One of the only body parts I liked!! :(  I am still wearing all my pre-pregnancy pants, and they are so saggy in the britches that I can pull them down without unzipping.  And to add insult to injury, I just read in the pregnancy survival guide for dads that my sister got Jeremy "Her butt WILL get flat and saggy.  There is nothing you can do to stop this.  But, by all means, LIE to her and tell her nothing has changed."  So much sadness in those sentences.  


2.  My friend Heather said I was "adorably pregnant" the other day, and I got all misty and told Jeremy what she said and how nice she was.  Jeremy didn't even hesitate, and said, "Well, she's right!  You ARE!"  I have the greatest guy!


3.  Jeremy is indulging me by talking to my stomach every night.  When we go to bed, I lay down and tell him to tell the baby about his day.  He often says cute things like, "Oh yeah, Cleo is the DOG and MoJo is the CAT.  You will learn what those things are later."  


4.  A guy HIT ON ME in Meijer the other day!  At first I thought he was just messing around or something because, come one, I am PREGNANT, but then I realized he was totally serious.  I couldn't help myself.  I laughed right in his face because I immediately imagined his train of thought being something like: "Hmmm.  A baby.  I could work with that.  Yeah, a baby would be okay."  It was too much.


5.  Last weekend Jeremy and I took a miniature road trip and talked the whole way.  Since our conversations are usually baby-related, we were talking about some of my ... quirks ... as a child.  Jeremy said, "You know, if we get a baby with all of your zany behaviors because of Karma, life is going to be pretty difficult!"  I just said, "Well, get used to it."

1 comments:

Kristina said...

Will your butt eventually come back after the baby's born? I've seen other moms that don't have flat asses!