Lilypie First Birthday tickers

REAL BABY KICKS!!!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

For real this time, guys!!!  Drumroll .... I felt the baby kick last night! And kick and kick and kick.  It was crazy and fun and amazing.


I was at a huge college-wide meeting last night, and I was just sitting there with my hands on my belly (to signal to the strangers at my table that I was pregnant and not just bellylicious -- we had assigned seating so we could meet new people.  Like a cruise ship.  Lame.) when one speaker handed the microphone over to another speaker.  This guy REALLY wanted to make sure we heard him, and he was SHOUTING into the microphone.  He was so loud that I felt the vibrations.  It was unreal.  Then, all of a sudden, I felt a little pop under my hand.  I knew it had to be a little kick, but I waited and thought about it for awhile. What if I had imagined it?  But then, pop pop ... pop ... pop pop pop!  A bunch of little kicks, like my little one was saying SHUT THIS GUY UP!!  WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM AND WHY CAN'T HE MODULATE THE VOLUME OF HIS VOICE?? I AM TRYING TO RELAX HERE!!  It was amazing.


I kept feeling little kicks, and then as soon as loud guy handed off the mic, they stopped.  I have a sassy little baby that is sensitive to loud noises, just like momma. 

4 comments:

Melissa said...

How did you not scream out that your baby just kicked in the middle of that meeting!?!?!?!?! Congrats! :)

Mari said...

Yay! That's wonderful and amazing and delightful. Congrats :)

The Marchelletta Family said...

It's the best feeling in the world, isn't it?!

Jesi said...

How exciting! I read your blogs all the time and regret not keeping a journal when I was pregnant....when I read what you've posted it reminds me of the challenges & excitement I faced while pregnant. I'm happy for you :)