Lilypie First Birthday tickers

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

Friday, April 16, 2010

We learned today that we are having a little baby girl, just like her momma thought!!


Of course, the ultrasound tech told us she was "99% sure" because she said she refuses to give a 100% guarantee to anyone.  But she said it was fairly obvious that she was a little girl.

At first, I let a student do some practice on me for about 20 minutes, and our little lady had her legs crossed!   But she was also being very still and making it very easy for the student to measure her head and brain and femur and look at her heart.  Then, she started bouncing around like crazy, but she finally opened her legs, and TA DA!  Nothing else down there!  Even I, who have only seen a handful of girl and boy ultrasounds, could tell it was a girl.  

Anyway, the whole thing was great.  They didn't send us home with too many great pictures, but we saw her strong and healthy heart, her baby feet, her hands up by her face, and lots and lots of images of her face (for the first 15 minutes she was lying flat on her back and looking up, so we didn't get too many profile shots).  

face picture:


face picture translated:


profile picture:


profile picture translated:


foot picture!:


foot picture translated:

(Jeremy said, "Hey, it looks like she's got all five on there!  That's good!")

Once she started moving around, it was so fun to watch.  So so exciting.  And for about an hour after the ultrasound, she let me know what she thought of all that poking and prodding!  She kicked like a mule!!

Once we found out, we made some calls and then I posted it to Facebook.  My beautiful and thoughtful cousin, Robin, was kind enough to get a screenshot of my announcement before the comments came pouring in:


It's hard to put into words just how excited I am.  I just can't wait to meet her.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Love it. Love it, love it, love it. She's going to be GORGEOUS! (And, judging from the first ever ultrasound, rather bootylicious.)

Arwen said...

A girl!!!!! That's so exciting! You are going to just love having a little girl. It's all kinds of fun, especially with the clothing.

Also, I'm biased here since I am an oldest girl and I have an oldest girl, but I really think it's best to have a girl first. They help out with the younger children in a way that boys do not.

I bet she is going to look just like her mama and be absolutely beautiful!

Amanda said...

Yay, baby girl!! :)