Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Birthday

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yesterday was my 28th birthday, and on the way to dinner, I turned to Jeremy and said, "This is my last birthday without a child."  It was definitely a moment.  We both took a little time to consider that for the rest of my birthdays, there will be a person (or people) with us.  


YES, we already knew this.  We are not idiots.  We know we will have a little person soon and she will be a part of us forever, but thinking about all of those little individual things -- like a last birthday alone -- is really something.


Anyway, once we got home from the restaurant, I realized that this REALLY wasn't my last birthday before becoming a mom.  This hit me when I finally slipped off the shoes I had been wearing all day and saw Flinstone feet and cankles.  I FLIPPED OUT.  I have had a little swelling on my long days at work, but yesterday actually scared me.  I started panicking and crying.  I propped my feet up on three pillows on Jeremy's lap and he rubbed them for an hour.  Then I went to bed early, crying about how bad my lower back and hips hurt.


Yep, I guess last year was my last birthday before being a mom! :)

0 comments: