Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Odds and Ends #4

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

1.  Even though I am worried about the upcoming ultrasound, I am really excited to see my baby girl again!! 


2.  I had a dream Saturday night that the baby was kicking me so hard that I could actually see all five of her little toes sticking out through the skin of my belly, so I grabbed them and held them, and then ran around and made people feel them!  Later in the dream, I was able to see through my skin, and I saw her little face again.  I have seen her a few times in my dreams, and she always looks the same.  She has a heart-shaped face, tiny little cupids-bow lips, a tiny nose, dark brown eyes and light brown hair.  I know it's silly to think that she might look exactly what she looks like in my dreams, but ... I guess you never know!


3.  In the past month or so, I have been having a little trouble with food again, and nausea and heartburn and all that jazz.  To top it all off, every time I eat ANYTHING even remotely healthy from my fridge filled with fruits and vegetables and salad fixings, I get horrifically sick.  But, the other day when I stopped at the Burger King drive-thru and got a gross chicken sandwich and fries, I felt like I could conquer the world.  For the next four hours I felt totally amazing -- no nausea, not dizzy, nothing.  It's pretty disconcerting, but now all I want to do is eat fast food. :(


4.  Even though I found a deep love for fast food and my go-to food when the thought of anything else makes me puke is a peanut butter and chocolate syrup sandwich, I am still not gaining weight.  In fact, I currently weigh FIVE pounds more than I weighed before I got pregnant!  It is kind of mind-boggling, but I did lose a lot of weight in the first trimester, so TECHNICALLY I gained more than five pounds during my pregnancy.  It gives me hope, however, that after I have the baby I might be able to motivate myself to keep losing weight and get down to a lower weight than I was before I got pregnant.  I just need to keep this little factoid in mind after the baby so I can motivate myself to workout!!

2 comments:

Salome Ellen said...

With one of my six I gained 11 pounds total and had a 9 pound baby. FTW! (or loss, I guess ;-D )

Veronica M. D. said...

WHOA! That is amazing!