Lilypie First Birthday tickers

34 Weeks

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Yesterday was 34 weeks, but I was busy on a shopping trip in Grand Rapids with some of my favorite ladies ever: my mom, my little sister Victoria, my Aunt Julie, and my cousins Kristina and Kayla.  I was WIPED when I got home, so I laid on the couch for an hour and just went to bed early.  We had tons of fun, and many strangers asked me if my due date was days away.  It never gets old ...


At 34 weeks, our little lady could be weighing in at five pounds now and could be as tall as 20 inches.  The vernix (the white coating protecting your baby’s skin) is getting thicker, and her central nervous system and lungs continue to mature. 


I also just read that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine.  They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.  VERY exciting news, since I am really nervous about preterm labor with all we have been going through with this little one lately.


No belly picture this week, because I forgot yesterday until I was exhausted and my make-up had worn off, and today I am not feeling top-notch, so I am in PJs with no make-up.  Don't worry, my belly is still huge and getting more massive by the day.  I'll get back on track next week.


As for this past week, I have been feeling about the same -- tired, hot, the usual.  Not a big deal. The only difference this week was that it felt VERY LONG with the weight of the upcoming ultrasound.  We only have three more days to wait after today, so we are getting there!


I will have an update after the ultrasound and regular appointment on Thursday.  Crossing my fingers!

0 comments: