Lilypie First Birthday tickers

32 Weeks

Sunday, July 4, 2010


Yesterday was 32 weeks!  This week the baby weighs almost four pounds and could be up to 19 inches long, head-to-toe, though she is actually back to a curled-up position.


The books say that the baby has probably settled into the head-down, bottoms-up position in preparation for birth by now -- not my baby! :). She is still flipping around in there; sometimes her head is under my ribs and she stretches her little legs as low as they will go (ouch) and sometimes her head is down low and she kicks those little feet in the direction of all my organs.  She's a lively one, for sure!


The baby's digestive system is all set and ready to go by this week in preparation for the transition from umbilical cord to breast milk. Because she is accumulating more fat, her skin is finally turning opaque, and she is starting to look more and more like a newborn.  By this week she is also sleeping in cycles of 20 to 40 minutes long.


The reason I had no post yesterday is because we were up at Treetops Resort in Gaylord for the day ... at a toga party ... thrown by my parents.



I can't wait to show the baby these pictures and tell her shortly before she was born we all went to a toga party thrown by her grandparents!!


As for me this week, I am fine.  I feel very stretched and I am tired and uncomfortable, so I assume everything is normal!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Hahahah

I love Jeremy's Star Wars toga. He's like Luke Skywalker on the verge of parenthood!