Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Doctor's Visit: Follow-Up on all the Scariness

Friday, July 23, 2010

Well, we had the ultrasound today to see why I had a huge jump in fundal height, and, like most of you assured me, everything is fine. She is growing proportionately, I don't have too much amniotic fluid, and the placenta and umbilical cord are both fine.


However ... I have a massively large super-baby growing inside me.  I am a few days away from 35 weeks, and she is measuring well past 37 weeks.  In fact (give me a moment here) ... she is already almost SEVEN POUNDS.  It looks like Jeremy's Hercules genes are hard at work in there.  


So, obviously, I am hoping she will make her entrance into the world a little earlier than August 28th.  The question is, which trait will win out: Will she be early like her mom or stubborn liker her mom?  


We also got to see some great images at the ultrasound, so it was really great.  We saw her little face and her little profile.  We saw her wave her hands and open her mouth.  AND the ultrasound tech said it was unusual, but she has SO much hair that it was even visible on the ultrasound.  CRAZY!  She even took a picture for us.  All the little squiggly white lines around the outside of her skull are hairs:



Here is her little face straight on:



Of course it might not look like it to you, but to me it looks like a little doll and not like the little alien we saw in her 20 week ultrasound.  It was really great to see her, and it was awesome to see Jeremy recognize things on the ultrasound.  He recognized her face and feet and hands before the tech even pointed them out to us.  He is practically a professional!


So, all is well ... except now I will just have to mentally prepare for the possibility that I will pushing out a 12-pound baby.  Pray for me.

2 comments:

Arlene said...

I'm so excited!! She looks gorgeous!

Branwen said...

Prayers coming your way for a safe and healthy (and easy) delivery! Great news that nothing is wrong and it should make you feel good with all of the comments about looking like you're due any day, that lots of women give birth to babies the size of yours currently ;)