Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Playing Catch-up

Friday, June 18, 2010

There are a couple of fun things to report.  


First of all, last night, Jeremy got to feel the baby hiccuping!  At first I was scared that he wouldn't be able to feel them at all, because I put his hand right where she was, and he said he didn't feel anything. After I gave him a little more explanation as to what he was feeling for and telling him exactly on his hand where he should feel it, he did!  


THEN, as she was wrapping up her hiccups, she got super feisty and was kicking and thrashing around quite a bit, right where Jeremy's hand was resting.  Normally, whenever I rest my hand on my belly, she will kick right where my hand is, but until very recently, she would not do that for anyone else.  Any time I put Jeremy's hand where she was kicking, she would stop immediately.  It's nice that she will now perform for her father.


Today my mom and younger sister and I went to visit my friend/my brother's girlfriend at the Detroit Institute of Arts, where she is interning. We had a lot of fun walking around the galleries.  I'm pretty sure the baby really liked the Contemporary Art, because in those galleries she would kick me so hard that it almost brought me to my knees, and I had to sit a few times.  She probably just wanted me to have more time to appreciate the art.  Our baby is such a genius.



Finally, since my shower is tomorrow (!!!), I thought I should finally post pictures of some of the things we have already received.  


First, we got our awesome travel system (stroller and car seat combo) from Kevin and Ashley (Jeremy's cousin and his wife).  



Jeremy keeps asking if he can try it out by putting the cat in and pushing him around.  For some reason, I don't think MoJo would appreciate that.


Next, we got our high-tech bathtub that gives you a temperature read out and has a reservoir that holds the water until it is the correct temperature.  We received that from Jeremy's older brother Christopher and his wife Molly.  They also sent along a hilarious personalized card.



Yup, that's Jeremy's head on a baby in the tub they got us.  I laughed so hard when I opened this card!!


We also got our pack and play from two of my mom's friends, Sue and Sue (cute, right?).



We were awfully proud that Jeremy got this thing together!  Well done!


We are really looking forward to seeing lots of friends and family at the shower tomorrow.  Any bets on whether or not I will cry while opening presents?

1 comments:

Sara Strand said...

Super cute! We had THE cutest pack & play EVER with the diaper changing station (which I used instead of buying a diaper table. Coincidentally- the floor ended up being the BEST area to change a diaper. Weird) but both of my kids were TERRIFIED of the pack and play. Any pack and play and they were scared. SO...I have an unused pack and play back in it's carrying case that cost me $280. Shameful. And good luck with the tub. Olivia screamed being in it, and it never filled enough for Jackson so that when he peed it'd just go into the water. Nope- right on mommy. And the walls of the dining room. Ew.