Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Music!

Monday, February 15, 2010

We decided to play the baby his/her first music tonight.  Jeremy was playing records on the turntable, and then he finally believed me that the baby wouldn't be able to hear it ... the womb just doesn't work that way.  So, he got his old CD player and we hooked the baby up.


Yes, I realize I look huge in this picture, but I want to remember this moment!

Any guesses as to what we played baby Dimick?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


The Beatles, of course!! "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" is playing as I type!

2 comments:

Jess said...

UPDATE: My Prof, Dr. Franks, says that what's even better than playing music through your uterus is singing yourself. That's right-- YOU have to sing! Many studies have proven the babies respond more (and better) to human singing than they do to recorded voices. She said you don't have to be any good, but you definitely have to sing... and drink whole milk.

Aren't you so happy that I'm learning about babies this semester?

Veronica M. D. said...

I AM happy that you are learning about babies this semester. It is very timely.

I will work on the singing thing ... but never the milk.