Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Here Comes the Nausea!

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I have been feeling okay these past few weeks.  Queasy and exhausted, but nothing I can't handle.  Until today.  Oh.  My.  Word.  At about 3 PM it hit me like a ton of bricks.  


I was sitting on the couch, minding my own business, when a wave of nausea like I have never experienced hit me.  I about fell over.  So I laid down, and I didn't get up until after Jeremy got home from work at 5.

I was laying on the couch, horrified and dying, when Jeremy walked in the door.  I asked him to come over to me and he didn't immediately -- he had the audacity to take off his shoes (slowly) -- so I started sobbing.  Jeremy asked me if he could bring me toast to make my stomach feel better, and I gagged so hard Jeremy took a few steps back!  I cried for a solid 20 minutes, telling him how horrible I felt, until he left (escaped) to walk the dog.  

I felt a little better after my cry, but when I stood up to go to the bathroom, I had to sit back down and stay down.  It wasn't until I finally thought of something to eat that wouldn't make me sick that I felt a little better.  But then I would feel better enough to get up and do something and I would over-do it and be back on the couch again.

I have been trying to eat little bits every hour, but it is hard to think of things that won't make me sick, and eating every hour is harder than I imagined!!  Once a few hours pass, I feel horrible again, and the thought of food is impossible.

I certainly hope this was a fluke or it will be over soon, because if this is what pregnancy is going to feel like ... well, this will be a LONG eight months!

5 comments:

Sara Davis (facebook) said...

I am SO glad it's you and not me... (no offense) I remember the nausea... eww... I do NOT miss that. Good Luck! :)

Veronica M. D. said...

Haha! I understand! No offense taken. :)

Ally said...

Does anyone survive pregnancy without getting nawsh? Just wondering!

Arlene said...

3 kids, no puking... My mother was upset, cause I made her really sick...

Veronica M. D. said...

Quit your bragging, lady.